Monday, December 1, 2014

#29: Top Golf

My Dad
For years I've heard people talk about Top Golf, a driving range-inspired entertainment center, and I finally had a chance to experience it myself while visiting family in Houston over the Thanksgiving holiday. My husband, kids, parents, sister, nephews and I opted to skip the Black Friday shopping madness and a enjoy a friendly golf competition instead.

The Top Golf concept is very cool. The set-up reminds me of a bowling alley with players assigned bays with electronic scoring screens, but instead of rolling balls at pins you choose a golf club and hit balls onto a large green with various targets. Aside from putt-putt I have very minimal golf experience (although I did consider golf lessons as a potential 40x40), so actually hitting the ball was my biggest challenge. I did manage a few good swings thanks to some coaching from my dad and husband and actually ended with one of the higher scores in our group.

Cousins
But the game is really just a small part of the Top Golf experience. I loved the fun, social atmosphere. We were there early in the day to to beat the crowds and get the half price hourly rates they offer before noon, so didn't take advantage of the full service restaurant and bar aside from hot chocolates for the kids, but next time I'll go later. Maybe a couple glasses of wine will help my golf game.

Experience #29 was a fun family outing. I look forward to trying the Dallas-area Top Golf locations soon. Only 11 experiences to go!
My Sister, me and my Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment